Wednesday, January 23, 2013

POLs

POLs kick off tomorrow!!!
The groups presenting tomorrow have been working diligently on their POLs.
Below, I included a few sentence starters for students' captions.  Captions should be about
a paragraph long.  Students should proofread their work and be sure to check for spelling, capitalization, and grammar.


  • In this subject, we learned ____________, __________, and _________.
Example, In Social Studies, we learned about India, religions, and the fall of the Roman Empire.

  • This picture is an example of when we learned ______________.  Describe the picture, video, or artifact.  
Example, this picture is of my world map where I learned about the continents and major oceans.

  • A challenge for me in Social Studies was _________________.  A goal for me next semester in Social Studies is ____________________.  
Example:  A challenge for me in Social Studies was taking neat and organized notes in class.  A goal for next semester in Social Studies is to take better notes in class and make a copy of a friend’s notes in case I missed anything in class.

Pick one of the 3 sentences below to answer in your captions.

  • In Social Studies, I enjoyed _______________.
  • In Social Studies, I’m most proud ___________________.
  • A big success that I had in Social Studies was __________________.